Thursday, July 4, 2013

Man of Steel: Superman

I was never a fan of Superman, though he was the very first superhero I knew back then when I was a kid. To me, he was just another superhero, like green lantern or wolverine. He was no where close to my heart, no where close to Spiderman. =) Maybe because he was every other kid's favorite superhero so I didn't want to be like the rest. Haha. Plus, Superman always has this weird curly hair on his forehead.. Totally minus marks. ;)

But after watching the recent Man of Steel and reading up a little about his background (I know, I make it sound like he's a real person), I realize how great a superhero he is, and yet so humble and so human. What amazes me most about him is his character. Do you know that Superman is so great and powerful, that trying to be normal was very hard for him? If you've watched the movie it would be easier for you to relate. Imagine the patience, tolerance and humility he possess. If I had such power and someone bullied me, I would have use my laser eye and carved the word "STUPID" on his forehead. *I'm glad I don't possess any super powers*. Hehe.

Some people said that his biggest weakness is his kindness. Do you know that Superman doesn't kill..? Well eventually he did BUT MY POINT IS... No matter how bad a villain you are, he gives you 2nd chances. How many of us, if we were to be superheroes, are able to do that..? To show such kindness, such grace and such forgiveness...? So I think being "soft" and kind isn't his weakness, I personally think it just makes him a better superhero than anyone.
Come to think of it, Superman reminds me so much about Jesus. I wonder if the creators of Superman were christians. Haha.
Man of Steel:
Ratings: 4.5 /5
A must watch. Not just for the action scenes or Henry Cavill's hairy, muscular chest; but to search for the superhero in you.
Sometimes, a little mixture of patience, tolerance, humility and kindness goes a long way. =)

No comments: