Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not-so-wise wisdom tooth

Do you peeps remember that I had a minor surgery last year in April? To take out a cyst behind my neck? Here's the post.
And guess what, this year's April is just equally painful. =(
I underwent a minor operation surgery to take out my wisdom tooth. I called it the radical tooth. 'Cause it has caused me so much trouble. =(
[My ke lian face... =(]
 [My very kesian face...]
 [Pretty Indian lady dentist stitching up my gums. She's really good. =)]
 [BLOODY not-so-wise wisdom tooth]
 [My hands were shaking so badly that the camera couldn't capture my Peace sign. Haha.]
 [Killer tools *swallows hard*]
 [Can you see the stitches?]
I was really, really scared prior to the surgery. Especially knowing that my parents won't be by my side. My heart was pounding like crazy, and I couldn't really sleep well the night before. I thought of a thousand reasons just to chicken out. But somehow in the morning, after waking up, I prayed, and God gave me this sense of peace and calmness in me that I just bathed, changed and went for it. 
There was fear. Oh yes there was.
But there was even a stronger peace in me over calming the fear. 
I guess many times, all we need is a small prayer and a little faith in God. And He can change everything. =)

I totally recommend Luyang Hospital (Kota Kinabalu, Sabah) if you're having the same problem as I. Cheap and efficient. =) Just my opinion la. If you don't trust the government hospital, there's always those private blood sucking dental clinics. =) Hehe.
And I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my friends for their support, especially Jenn, Shawn and CK who were physically there with me, just to make sure I didn't pengsan, or run away. HAHA. And also to Jamie who cooked porridge for me! And my parents who constantly prayed for me. =)
Til then, take good care of your teeth so you don't have to go to the dentist so often, peeps! =)

9 comments:

Jen said...

Your next post could be called - Wendy the Wisdom tooth to tell the story from her point of view. And what happened AFTER she was extracted. LOL.

Eeleen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA. =) Wendy is sitting on my laptop! Heheeee.

1PluS1=2 said...

hahhaha... y is it called wendy? how did dat name came about? and ur faces in the pics really looked kelian chong.. recover soon alrite... poor thing..

mie said...

take care n hope that it will recover soon.... =)

will treat u with home-cooked dinner soon ya.. hehehe

Christopher Koh said...

Looking at the pics, I think you just scared a million readers who should be undergoing the same procedure as you (yea, one of them is me...) Hahahaha!

Eeleen said...

*karyee*
Babe..I have NO IDEA why she called my tooth Wendy. HAHAHAHA. But I kinda like the name so okay la..=D

Eeleen said...

*Jamie* Thank you......=))) Hehe.. You spoiled me after making me the porridge. Now I'm tired of kf food..=(

Eeleen said...

Christopher!!! =) I didn't know you read my blog. HAHA.
Awwww..Sorry if I scared you...=]

Only the pictures are gory..honestly, you won't feel a thing after the anesthetic jab..=) And it might hurt a little after the anesthetic is gone, but nothing you can't handle. Really. =)
You'll be okay.. Trust me. You're just taking ur wisdom tooth out via normal extraction or minor operation surgery like mine? =)

Marvin Will said...

Good thing you were able to find that one thing that made you calm amidst all the fear. That wasn't so bad, right? So I guess the trick here is preparation. Before you undergo any dental treatment, if you're feeling anxious about it, think of that ultimate thing that will make you relaxed. And then go for it. :) Thanks for the tip, Eeleen!