Saturday, May 24, 2014

Hope VS Expectations

I was talking to my cousin that day, and my cousin mentioned this: 
"Every time I put my hopes up, I get disappointed at the end."
I replied immediately, that Hope doesn't disappoint. Expectation does. :)

I've not lived as long as a 50 or 60 year old has. I'm not as wise as an owl either. But I've been through enough, to be able to differentiate the two. :)

Expectations.
They are usually unhealthy. Why..? 
Because in your mind, you have an idea of how it's supposed to be. Based on your own opinion, you picture it. And because of that, many times, we box God up. We think that, this is how God is gonna do it, this is how God is gonna make it work for me. It has to be this, because it's how I like it.
Expectations are usually conditional too. It has to be like that, if not I'll be unhappy. And before you realized, it's all about me, me and me.
It becomes selfish. And when on earth do you ever see selfishness together with happiness...? Never.
And when that something that is expected doesn't come through, you feel like it's the end of the world.

William Shakespeare was right - Expectations is the root of all heartaches.

But when Hope steps in, it's a whole different story. :) 
Jeremiah 29:11 says,
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

With Hope, you know there is a future. Despite how crushed and broken your dreams are, Hope keeps you moving forward. Because there is a better future. One only God knows. For He has plans to prosper you and not to harm you. There is something ahead of you that is worth fighting and keep living for.
Hope, keeps you alive. :)

Love,

No comments: