Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working Life

The adults were right about one thing. Studying is always better than working!! :(

Well, I'm not complaining about my current job. My first one really did suck though. It only lasted me 2 weeks. Heheheheee. I'm probably the only one among my friends who has change 2 jobs after working for only 2 months. :P Haha!

I'm still in the initial phase of working, still adapting. I don't know if this is what I want to do for long term; I don't really know what I like or prefer; I don't know if the job suits me; I don't even know if I like my colleagues. Everything just feels "bland and boring". Is there something wrong with me?? :/
Sigh.

I don't feel excited to go to work (I presume nobody does, HAHA); but I don't feel dreadful that I have to go to work every morning too. It just feels like something I HAVE TO DO. That's how I define work for now.

However, I'm glad I'm into sales and marketing. :) 
I remember telling my parents that I don't want to do sales (with utmost certainty), but I came to realize that if a person can survive in sales line, you'd probably have a higher chance of succeeding in life. 'Cause everything you do in life involve sales.
When you go for interviews, you promote yourself;
When you go dating, you promote yourself;
When you go buy fish in the market, you negotiate price with the fishmonger;
When you meet your future in laws for the first time, you do your best to make them like you and accept you.
S.A.L.E.S.
Plus, all the great businessman or pioneers of various industries that we know started off doing sales too: The late Steve Jobs, Donald Trump, Warren Buffet and even our very own Tony Fernandes!! :)

I'm not saying that if you're in IT line or doing admin you won't succeed in life. No no..:) It's just me, and what I believe for now. :)

1 comment:

Stufen Edu said...

I enjoyyed reading this