Friday, August 24, 2012

Should She Stay Or Should She Go

I was driving to work this morning, and as usual I switched on the radio to listen to Mix FM. And they always have this program known as "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". Basically, if you have a dilemma about whether you should stay or move on in a situation, you can just call up and talk to JD and Dilly and they'll try to get you advices from the audiences.

So today, this lady called up and mentioned her situation, that she's been separated from her husband for a year. And within that year, she met this new guy. At first it was just a fling, and after that, it got serious. And when she thought it's time to move on, the husband came back and said he wants to work things out. So now she's kinda stuck in between, deciding whether to try to work things out with the husband or just move on with the new guy.

What surprises me was this, out of 10 audiences who called to give their point of view, 10 asked her to move on. I mean, logically, yes, you should move on if you're not happy in a relationship...but my question is this: 
Does anyone still respect and understand the meaning of marriage? What happened to marriage covenants? What happened to "Til death do us part"?

I guess many of us would try to tell ourselves that we all have the rights to be happy.. and I don't deny the truth about it. Who doesn't want to be happy right? But marriage is not a game. It's not something you give up easily just because you're unhappy about it.  
Ask any married couple, are their relationship always smooth sailing? Is it always easy? I'm sure each and every one of them would give you a 100% "No" for an answer.

To the lady who called in this morning, if you're reading this, my advice may be slightly different from the rest of the audience. To be honest, if you were not married, I would say, MOVE ON!! But in your case, try to work things out. You married him for a reason, find back that reason and give yourself another chance to fall in love again. Good things don't come easily, it may be hard, but it'll be worth it someday. I'm not saying that it'll work out for sure, but at least you try. And you'll never regret when you've tried your best.
All the best. :)

No comments: