Friday, April 11, 2014

Sweet Victory

I've been in the Floorball "industry" for 6.5 years, and never have I once played a proper league game with only 6 field players. Because you just can't. It's crazy. And too tiring. You just can't.
But SWAT proved me wrong. And God proved me wrong. :)
It is POSSIBLE. 

It has been 7 weeks since Penang Floorball League started. I've also transferred myself out from Contact Floorball Club to Frontliners Floorball Clud. Everyone needs a change. ;) But because there are no girls in Frontliners, so I had to be loaned to SWAT for the Women's League.
Why SWAT?
I had options for sure. I was invited by all the ladies' team to join them. Show off. But I wanted to be in a team where God will be glorified, where I'm pushed out of my comfort zone, and where I could help encourage younger and newer players. Even if it means joining a team waiting to be slaughtered.
 [SWAT during our first game]
Photo credits to Sherwynd Rylan Kessler
So yes, back to my 6 field player match game. Lol. We were up against Firebrands, who has 15 players on that day, good old 3 lines. No one knew that SWAT was gonna play 6 players only on that day. So when they saw our 1.2 line, and audiences saw our 1.2 lines, everyone's first thought was: Sure die la SWAT. Lol.
And to be honest, I had the exact same thoughts. Yea sure I am gonna put up a good fight, I'm gonna say: "You wanna score?! Over my dead body!!" But based on logic itself, we were doomed to die.

And then, it started raining. The last time SWAT won a game, it rained too. :) God can be really funny sometimes. And with that assurance, I guess we all went in and gave our best. Each and everyone of us. Sarah George asked me if I was on drugs because I keep talking and laughing on court. Even when I fell and my whole weight was rested on someone else's stick (my rib cage was the contact point with the stick still firmly held by the player), I was giggling. YES IT HURTS AND NO IT'S NOT FUNNY. Rachel George said I talked a lot of nonsense, which I don't recall at all. Haha. And in the end, we secured a 7-4 win.
Amazing? Yes. 'Cause I serve an amazing God. ;) And it was a sweet, sweet victory.

 [Group-fie after our 7-4 win over Firebrands]
I strongly believe in one thing, if you play Floorball for yourself, you'd be sure to run out of passion and reasons to go on one day. But if you play for something/someone bigger; you play for the teammate standing next to you; if you play for the name you carry, printed on your left chest, that... Will bring you far. :)

Love,

No comments: