Sunday, April 27, 2014

Penang Floorball League 2014

All good things come to an end. So did Penang's most prestigious floorball league - the PFL 2014 Division 1 and Women's Division League. :) It has been a long and stressful 8 weeks, yet an exciting one. It was amazing to watch the younger players step up; to see how much the pace and intensity of the games have increased; especially the level of skills among players. Fuhhh. :) I'm very proud and happy to witness how far Penang Floorball have come, and it is a privilege to be playing with/against them at this moment of time. And I'm pretty sure the games will only get better from now on.

And yes, did you hear about SWAT being the only team to beat the 2014 Women's League Champion Innebandy?!? 
You haven't?!? You must be joking. 
HAHAHA. :) Final score was 6-1. A well deserved win by the SWAT girls. Only if All Star Goalie Michaela was around. It would have been even more interesting. Still, I would like to extend a warm congratulations to the Champions of Penang Women's League - Innebandy, for securing gold for 2 years consecutively. :) And of course, Congratulations to SWAT, for being the 1st Runner up and winning game after game miraculously. LOL.

[SWAT 2014]
Clockwise top left: Ming Hwee, Beverly, Lavinia, Zulaikha, Rachel George, Verina, Jasmine, Sarah George & yours truly. 
Those missing are Lyn-dee, Olga, Xiew May.
Photo credits to Sherwynd Rylan Kessler

[All Star Left Forward]

My All Star Left Forward medal. :) Used to be so big, now it seemed so small as I held it in my hands. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that it meant nothing to me. I'm thankful, happy and proud. But I also realize there are so much more to play for besides this little medal. :) For example, PEOPLE!!!
[Watching these girls grow and improve has been nothing but amazing!]

[Friends. On and off court. :) *Ignore those behind.* Haha.]

 [A BIGGGG thank you to a great mentor and friend, for entrusting me with the vision to grow Penang Women's Floorball. And for believing in me when I doubted myself.]

[Usually I don't have to bend down to take pictures but have to accommodate these shorties. HAHAHA.]

[:)]

 [All Star line: Eeleen, Nathalynn representing Jessie, Ling Ling, Yen Yen, Pei Yi & Simin representing Michaela]
Photo credits to Sherwynd Rylan Kessler

For more details about Penang Floorball League, please visit penangfloorball.org or just click here. :)

See you peeps in 2015! 
Photo credits to Sherwynd Rylan Kessler

Making God famous and proud through Floorball. :)

Yours,

No comments: