Friday, March 27, 2009

missing home and those i love...

It was just another normal, sunny, lecture-packed day when i got a text from szuyin from Taiwan, and she instantly made my day. =) knowing that someone so far away still thinks of you...(actually she just told me she dream of me the previous night :p but still...) it's a wonderful feeling. The text really came as a surprise 'cause I thought she'd forgotten about me. I mean, she'd probably be a celebrity in a few more years, and it's been years since i last saw her. so this is for you swing: i miss you.=( come back soon and bring back lots of taiwan sausage for me. hehe. =)
And i'm not sure why, but her text made me miss home, family, and friends more than usual. It's true when people say, the older you get, the lonelier you are. I'm starting to feel that sometimes. But on the bright side, it makes me learn to lean on God more; and to appreciate the people around me. There's nothing better than being home. You'd probably not understand this until you step out of that door and leave your comfortable zone. John Pearce once quoted, "Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, and grow old wanting to get back to", and i couldn't agree more. I'm just glad i didn't have to wait til i grow old to realize that home is where i could always find shelter, confidence and love.
And to those i love and care about, i know life gets real busy sometimes, but i just wanna take this opportunity to say this: God has used each and everyone of you to shape me into who i am today; i'm not yet perfect, but God has His very own special timing and way. So thank you. =)
Last but not least, i know i have another better home up there. And when the time comes, i know i'll be running back to my Father in heaven, back to the place where i truly belong.

"Home is the one place in all this world where hearts are sure of each other.
It is the place of confidence."
Federick W. Robertson

Home is where the heart is.

1 comment:

SwingC said...

wow,it's an honor to see my name in your blog!
I'm not going to be no celebrity la,silly!