Saturday, March 20, 2010

5-4

This was the score.
We won the war, but I lost my own battle.
SuLeen and the rest keep telling me that I have many nice shots, but what's the point when I cannot turn the shots into goals.. Sigh. And the stupid mistakes I made in court. Double sigh.

And Coach Ed was right about us. We didn't run enough. We were like shopping with a floorball stick rather than playing a floorball game. Always chasing after the floorball or the opponent. Never with the initiative to run first.
Penny too was right. Many of us keep telling ourselves that we cannot run. That we cannot this, cannot that, cannot. But it's all in the mental. It's just the brain weakening us. Right?
As for Sarah, I had the same thought as her. We didn't play as a team. We didn't play as one. We failed to support one another.
That's our biggest weakness.

And unless we learn from our mistakes, we will not be able to go beyond these boundaries.
I too, need to work on my ball controls, shots and runs.
[I see determination and mental strength in this pic. Do you?]

"Nothing worth gaining was ever gained without effort."
Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: