Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Memorable Moments of 2011

As we embark into a new year, let's not forget to be grateful for year 2011. Even if it's a lousy year, I'm very sure it has shaped us into a better person in a way or another. Even when we don't really notice it. :)
I didn't end year 2011 with a Grand Finale or start year 2012 with a bang. In fact, I find myself standing at a cross road, not knowing what to do, wishing I could bury my head into the soil like an ostrich and not face things.

But I'm thankful. I'm thankful for each and every day because it could have been my last. I'm grateful for another chance to make things right. Yes. Life is full of crap. Boss gives you crap; friends give you crap; siblings give you crap; parents give us crap too sometimes; boyfriend/girlfriend gives you crap. 
But you know what, the agriculture industry uses crap as an organic fertilizer to grow plants, fruits and vegetables. Hehehehe. :D So it's not that bad la. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right? :)

Eeleen's Memorable Moments of 2011:

Number One:
Driving Sheryn, Serene, Sharron & Pei Yi down to KL with my not-so-loving Love Hits CD playing on the car stereo. My Love Hits CD includes songs like Crash the Wedding by Busted and Eminem's "I'm Sorry Mama", which is full of anger and vulgar words. HAHAHA. I chose and burn the CD on my own when I was in Form 5 I think. I must be crazy and angry that time. LOL.

Number Two:
Scoring a hattrick goal after cramping my bum very badly. Hehe. Most Penang floorballers would know this by now. *Embarrassed* The pain was...insane.

Number Three:
Walking the stage during my Convocation, praying very hard that the sole of my wedges don't come off with 6000 people looking at me!! Thank goodness it only came off after the whole ceremony. PHEW!!

Number Four:
Exiting the exam hall after sitting for my final paper of varsity, with my head held high. :)

Number Five:
Seeing a barracuda swimming 2 meters away from me. *Gulps*

Number Six:
Enduring the wisdom tooth surgery. So proud of myself. Yes. I'm a scardy cat. So what?? Ha??

Number Seven:
Skyping with Captain Awesome on Christmas Eve. :)

Number Eight:
Crying and limping pass my first ever 21km marathon finishing line.

Number Nine:
Eating my first ever salted popcorn in TGV cinema. I SO LOVEEEEEE SALTED POPCORNS!!!

Number Ten:
Walking along the hills and valleys of Hanoi, Vietnam and feeling amazed by God's beautiful creation. :)

Number Eleven: 
Watching the news of Oslo bombing in Norway, and being SOOOO thankful that my parents were back safe and sound. They were there, standing at the exact same spot a few days before the place was attacked. 

Number Twelve:
Receiving my first paycheck. :)))

Come to think of all these, God is indeed good to me in year 2011. :)

No comments: