Saturday, November 10, 2012

Comfort Zone vs Struggling

Everybody enjoys being comfortable. A comfortable seat, comfortable working environment, comfortable bed. Ahhhhh... Who doesn't want right? ;)
But the truth is, being too comfortable isn't gonna do us any good. Comfort zone, is one of the most dangerous places a person can be in, especially if one doesn't notice it.

When we're in our comfort zone, we don't strive to be better. Our thoughts, our efforts, our character is not being challenged. Our faith cannot be stretched. We become so well-fixed that we tend to stay at that moment, not wanting to move forward.

Consequences?
We think we're good enough. We think we're the best.
When someone asks us to do something beyond the ordinary, we complaint;
When someone else comes up with a better idea, we turn it down immediately without thinking it through, just because we feel uncomfortable about it.
And most of all, when we become too comfortable in our own comfort zone, we forget about God; the one who provides us all we need, from the daily meals on our table, to the safety of our home and loved ones.

So I always pray, that my life would not be a bed of roses. 'Cause I don't want to sink into my comfort zone. I don't want to forget about the wonderful hands that fed me and protected me. 
It doesn't matter it life gets a lil' rough at times, or if it bring a little discomfort.
Because when I struggle, I remember of the Lord.
I remember that God is in control, no matter how bad the situation is.
I remember how to hold on to my faith in Jesus during hard times, and I remember where my help comes from.
And because even when I struggle, I know that His grace and mercy is sufficient for me to carry me through.

So my question to you today is, "Are you in your comfort zone?". Time to get out of it.

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. " -Neale Walsh

Picture taken from http://naturalhorselover.blogspot.com/2011/03/few-insights-based-on-coaching.html

No comments: