Thursday, February 13, 2014

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming...

I can't swim front crawl for nuts. And that is basically the one reason (or excuse HEHE) I have been procrastinating when it comes to signing up for Triathlons. :) And I guess Jasmine (a good friend of mine who does Tri) got tired of my procrastination and signed me up for the upcoming Penang Tri in March. All expense paid. Shows how serious she is in kicking my butt out of my chair. :/

So... I went for my first front crawl swimming lesson yesterday. Coached by one of my floorball girls - Beverly and her lifeguard mom. Fuhhhhhh. It was tougher than I thought. My legs were tired from the kicks even after 500 meters. My two hands were not cooperating. And I felt suffocated 'cause I couldn't breathe well. Basically, I felt like crap. :( Haihhhhhhh. After 2 hours of lesson, I feel like giving up Tri. Haih.

But perhaps it's just the first lesson? It's always tougher in the beginning right..? I don't know la. I'm not afraid of water. But it's open water I'll be swimming in during Penang Tri. What if I got tired and drown? I can't stand and rest in open water like I do in the pool. I don't even know how many buoys there will be for resting. Okay. The more I think the more I feel like chickening out. -.-

Let's see what happens at the end of February okay..? I guess I can always swim breaststroke all the way. Hehehe. And end up kicking someone's head. Whooops. 
Oh yes. And I couldn't lift up my arm to wash my hair just now. My triceps.... I mean my tri-FATS are so sore that pulling a glass door open takes so much out of me.
Don't know to cry or laugh now. Haha.

Love,

No comments: