Sunday, April 11, 2010

Facing the Giants

If there's one thing I learn in Youthwave Challenge 2010, it would be this: Impossible is nothing! Stolen from Adidas. Hehe. =)
When Penny asked me to play for Contact Sugar I was expecting to play with people around my age. It was when I saw my teammates yesterday morning that really caught me by surprise. They were so so so freaking young!! Don't get me wrong. I'm young too. It's just that they're way younger. =P 2 of them were Elementary school girls! Imagine that. Haha.
And with the addition of my neck surgery, I honestly didn't expect much from myself & my team.

But after the first game, they totally, seriously WOW-ed me. I was really amazed. =) The Sugars soon make me forget about the pain in my neck and the fact that I might tear my wounds anytime. I find myself playing hard, giving my best to the girls. =)
We fought our way into Finals, but didn't make in into top 3. But I was already proud of the Sugars. =) I mean, they were so young...& I wasn't in my best condition but we beat so many other teams. Even the Champion team didn't score against us but the other way around..they only beat us by Penalty.
We faced and conquered Giants people. And I'm really proud of you girls. =)
[Sophia, Natalynn, Ashlynn, Eeleen, Theoann & our super mischievous cheerleader Chrishalynn standing right in front]

[Kacau saja these two! =D Sumore can talk to me while I was busy in court. Haha.]

Will post up more pictures when I get my hands on them. =)
Bye peeps!

No comments: