Sunday, August 30, 2009

No more nagging!

Dad: "You better clean your room girl."
Girl: "Yes daddy!!! You say that almost everyday!!!"

Mom: "Don't leave your shoes and socks on the floor. Put them on the shoe rack."
Boy whispers to himself: "Urghh. She nags everytime I come back from school!!!"

Have you ever felt that way?
Why my parents like to nag at me so much?!?
Got right?! It happens to everybody almost everyday.
But, have you ever wonder why they nag? Why your parents have to repeat it over and over again?
It's because whatever they say goes through both our ears, but never into our hearts and minds. And it's usually something we don't like to listen to but it's good for us.
This is one situation where "ignorance is bliss" does not apply.
The only reason they nag is because we're not doing what they want us to do;
or more precisely, what we're supposed to do.
If your parents ask you to do something, do it.
If she asks you to clean your room, do it.
If he asks you to finish up your work first, do it...
and with CONSISTENCY. Not just once, not one day. But consistently.
Then you'll be surprise of the awesome outcome:
the sweet sound of a satisfying silence. XP
So don't be irritated when your parents nag, they don't like doing it as much as you don't like listening to it. (Trust me, I've a younger brother whom I nag at and hate doing it.)
Many times it's because our age is there, but we're not there.
For example, you're 20 and you still need your mom to serve you dinner while you sit there waiting. (Sounds familiar?)
So it's time to take up the responsibilities we have, and I promise the nagging will stop. =)))
But to be honest, mommy's nagging is something I miss when I'm far from home. =]

No comments: