Thursday, December 22, 2011

Best Friends

Seasons change, and so do people. I couldn't agree more.
Stepping into adulthood has very much change my perception towards the term "best friend". To be honest, I find the term to be rather ridiculous nowadays. Please don't get me wrong. For those of you who still have a best friend whom you share everything with and cannot live without each other, good for you. And I wish you two a long lasting friendship. :)

But today, if you're already in your 20s, started working, and you have 3 person on this earth (minus your parents and siblings) whom you can trust whole heartedly, consider yourself blessed. Serious.
People come and go, so do friends. Some stay only for a while; some a little longer; some exist just to piss you off; some to hurt you so you'd grow; some make you feel really special for a moment and then disappear etc. But I believe every single person who came into our lives were put there for a season and for a reason.

As for me, I lost someone whom I used to call a best friend. We promised to go places together; we said things will never change between us; we said distance will never tear us apart. But it did.
It bothered me a lot for the past few years. It hurts to think how a friendship so strong can go cold and bad. But all I can say today, is that it has happened, and I'm over it. I've accepted the fact that seasons change, and so do people. No matter how we try to stop it.

However, I thank God for my besties and close buddies that have always been there throughout the years... :) They love you for who you are; they don't judge you; they're not afraid to give you a smack on the head when you're doing something stupid..:)
So here's to all of you friends who are very dear to my heart:
THANK YOU. For everything. :) And you know I'll always be there for you peeps too. :)
Dedicated to Mel, Anne, Suelyn, Ah Ping, Johnathan, Woan Sein, Theresa, Lavin, WeiJin, and not forgetting Shawn. :)
Sorry if I miss out certain names! You'd know if you're dear to me. It works both ways. :)
[Meleen - Some besties will even stop you from watching silly movies like Twilight. LOL]

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Thank you. I am thankful for someone like you in my life, a girl I can call my best friend. Love you!

Hugs,
Melissa.

Eeleen said...

Awwwwww...:)
Thank YOU, Mel. You're not just my bestie, but I look up to you in many areas of life. In your walk with God, in worship, in serving, and many many more. And I love how we always seem to enjoy the same things. Hehehehee. Awesome right? :) Hugs and loves. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you for your kind words. I don't know if I have ever told you this, but I LOVE the heart that you have - a humble and loving heart, always ready to serve and give your best. It is an honour, always, to serve with you. :)

And, our liking for the same things... That is what makes us 'click'.

Looking forward to spend some time with you when I'm back from PD. :) Love ya back!

Anne Khoo said...

Thank you for being one too. Though we don't always keep in touch, we don't see each other frequently (1-2 times a year, and the count is getting lesser~that's pretty sad but looks like that's enough to hold our relationship unbelievable and invisibly strong LOL). Hugs

Eeleen said...

*Mel* Yes!! We have to go out again when you're back from PD! :)
Can't wait! :) HUGGIES.

Eeleen said...

*Anne* Hey!! We do keep in touch more frequently lately ma..:) Hehehehe.. Plus, you know how busy we both are..:(

But you know what? It's the heart that matters. At the end of the day, it all comes down to the heart. Some people, you may not see them that often, but whenever you meet up, you just know that there's a connection. And when you don't see them, you somehow keep thinking about them, even when life's really busy. And to me, you're one of them. Though I always forget your birthday. SORREEEEEEE...:(( Seriously sorry dear. I'm getting old. And I seem to forget alot of birthdays lately. Sigh.. But do know you're always on my mind. :)

Anne Khoo said...

seriously and honestly..about the birthday i'm speechless..3 years..3 years..unbelievable..:(((((

Eeleen said...

I'm really sorry Anne...:( Please forgive me...? :(

Anne Khoo said...

:)

mie said...

it's really very true... sometimes we tried so hard that we might just wanted to give up...
relationship, in this case friendship is a 2way "traffic"... needs inputs from both parties... cnt stand-a-lone..
things are so different after studies... opened my eyes and mind as well...

Eeleen said...

I understand Jamie.. Things are indeed different as we enter into the working world. Even our closest friends can change. It's a fact.

We just need to accept the fact that people change, and we need to move on..okay? :) I'm sure we all have at least one good friend. And sometimes, that one good friend is all we need. :)