Wednesday, December 28, 2011

This Christmas Eve

...was not like any other Christmas Eve. It was special, fun and busyyyy!! :)
Shawn and I spent this year's Christmas apart. He was in KK, and myself in Penang. But with the help of technology, we Skyped and countdown to Christmas eve! :) We couldn't count down to Christmas 'cause he'll be busy in church, and I know for sure I'll be too tired to stay up until 12am after my church's awesome Christmas event (follow me 'til the end of this blog post and you'll know). :)

When you're in a LDR, Skype, webcam, phone calls, SMSs are your primary choices of communication and to meet each other half way. :) I reminded him before I left my office that our "date" is at 11pm. And when I switch on Skype and my webcam at 11, he was there in a shirt, white tie and a coat!! Hahahaha!! Silly him. :)
[Captain Awesome all suit up and handsome. :) ]
[Had to cover my horrible pimples..:( ]

It was a fun night. :) We opened each others' presents at midnight, talk for a little while longer and I had to go because I have to wake up at 6am the next day.
[A parcel all the way from Sabah.]
[Totally love what I saw in the box!]
[Green bunny box]
 [One of the things in my Christmas Wish List. :) Thanks hun.]

Then came Christmas Eve morning! My church organized our second Christmas with the Community event, where we have a Christmas Carnival with game stalls and food stalls -
All for free!! :) All they needed to do, was to walk into the carnival, register their names, and have fun!!

We had a total of 12 game stalls, from Pinball to mini Golf; we gave out free ice creams, free lunch; we also organized a coloring competition for the children, blood donation, free pap smear and breasts examination, free hair cut and many more! We also invited clowns to give away cute little balloons!! :) And our Youth team presented a dance, singing performance and also few sessions of caroling. It was a great event. A total of 1600 people turn up, some did not register so there could probably be more people. :)
[Mee & I]
 [Me & the Egg]
 [This is our very own made Pinball board - Dee, Uncle Wilbur and Co. are just plain awesome. :)]
[Look at the crowd!!]
 [Free hair cut. Anyone??]
[I took the courage to take picture with one of the clowns - Jenny. So proud of myself. :P ]
 
I was the emcee of the event and almost lost my voice when the event ended. Haha! Had an ulcer though. And it still hasn't recover. :( But it was all worth it. The smiles on the children's faces and especially on the old folks... Priceless. :) 
[Our event was in the newspaper the next day!! :) ]

And oh oh!!! I had my first bite and taste of macarons! :D It was... 
No big deal. Hahahaha! My friends made it sound like when you have a mouth of it, you'll be fly like a G6!! Apparently, the first thing that came to my mind was - Diabetes. LOL.
But anyhow, thank you XiuQi!!! For the wonderful macarons!!! :))
[Macarons from Delectable by Su, The Gardens, Kuala Lumpur] 
Merry Christmas everyone!! :) And a Happy New Year. 3 more days to go and it's 2012!!
Any New Year's Resolution?? :)
[Teddy wishes everyone a very Merry Christmas!]

No comments: